How Can I Manage a PF Account via UAN Activation?
When you activate your UAN number, you get access to the EPF online services by which you can do many things like an update of details, withdrawal, nomination, etc. You can do UAN Activation by visiting the Unified Portal Member on your smartphone or laptop. After the activation of the UAN number, use the online service and see whether the account details are correct or not. Because if they are not right, update them by doing UAN Login. So, keep reading this page further to know how to do UAN Activation online.
Do You Remember Your UAN Number?
If you don’t remember the UAN number of your PF account, find the same by following the simple process.
- Visit the EPFO Unified Portal on your smartphone
- When you go to the login page, under the important links section you will see the ‘Know Your UAN’ button. Click the button
- Now you’ll be redirected to a new page
- Enter your mobile number and a captcha as shown in the screen
- Click on the ‘Request OTP’ button
- Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile
- Now, your UAN number will be displayed
How Can I Do UAN Activation and What Do I Need?
You just need an internet connection to activate your UAN number. Check out the below steps to see how it is done –
- Go to the EPFO Unified Portal
- Click on the ‘Activate UAN’ button as it will be below the important link section
- When you click the button, a new page will appear
- Enter your UAN number, select state and office, provide PAN, Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address and captcha
- Click on the ‘Get Authorization PIN’ button
- Check the ‘I Agree’ box
- Enter the OTP you have received
- Click the ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’ button
Now, your UAN number is activated and the login password is sent to your registered mobile through SMS.
What to do After UAN Activation?
Now that your UAN is activated, check out the below online facilities of EPFO
Online Partial Withdrawal
You can withdraw money from your EPF account from the employee’s deposit. File a claim online by visiting the Unified Member Portal. Afterward, do the following
- Enter the UAN number and password and the captcha as displayed on the screen
- Click on the ‘Online Service’ button
- Select ‘Claim (Form 31, 19, 10C & 10D)’ from the drop-down menu
- Enter your bank account number as linked with the EPFO account
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button
- Click on ‘Yes’ to agree to the terms and conditions
- Select your purpose of withdrawal from the available options
- Enter your home address
- Upload passbook or cheque in a .jpeg format
- Click on the ‘Generate OTP’ button and once you receive an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile, enter the same
- Click on the ‘Validate OTP’ button
When you submit the claim form, you’ll get a notification on your registered mobile.
Keep Track of Your PF Claim Status
Now, as per the above instructions, you have filed a claim. Well, to know whether it is approved or rejected, follow these steps and see what’s the current status of your claim –
- Do UAN Login using UAN and password
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ button
- Now click on the ‘Track Claim’ from the drop-down
- Your claim status will be displayed on the screen
If your claim isn’t approved, the reason for the same will be mentioned in the claim status. The common reason for this may be a low balance in the EPF account, the name of the member not printed on the cheque or passbook, etc.
File a Transfer Request
Do you already have an EPF account and want to transfer, do the same by following the below steps –
- First login to your account for transfer online
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ button
- Select ‘ONE MEMBER – ONE EPF ACCOUNT (Transfer Request)’ from the drop-down
- Choose your PF account and click on the ‘Get details’ button
- Click on the ‘Get OTP’ button, enter the same
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
Now, the transfer is successful, and you can track your request online by doing UAN Login. So, now you must have known how important it is to activate the UAN number. It really makes things easy and convenient for you.